Saturday, January 26, 2008

Safe in Jesus' arms


I just received the most beautiful gift from my cousin Katie. It's a Precious Moments figurine named "Safe in Jesus' arms" and it came at the perfect time. I have been thinking a lot lately about my due date with Kylie, it's fast approaching. We weren't in agreement about the due date, so we never told anyone what the supposed due date was. February 5th. Now I feel like everyone is going to miss it. If everyone had known the date, maybe it would have stuck in their heads and at least remembered her. I just feel like everyone has forgotten her already. I haven't, but I feel like I need to do something more to acknowledge her. I need something material with me all the time like she should have been. Okay I'm done, i feel better. THANK YOU SO MUCH Katie, it means more than you will ever know.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That is so beautiful Kelly. My Mom got me the same one and I just treasure it. I'm so sorry that your upcoming due date is bringing you sorrow. It's totally understandable, the "what could have beens." I'll be thinking of you and your angel Kylie in the coming days and weeks.
~Dawn

Welty said...

I promise you Kylie is not forgotten. The two of you have been on my mind a lot lately. I will continue to pray for your strength. My mom always taught me to pray to those in heaven especially on their birthdays. In the coming weeks ask Kylie to whisper to Jesus your prayers. It will be her special birthday blessing for you. Love you, Kelly.

Estel's said...

Kylie will NEVER be forgotten. I know exactly how you feel. When we lost our 3rd, I feel like I was the only one left mourning after a couple of months. It took me a long time....it's been 4 years February 17th - and it is still fresh in my mind.

Hang in there & all my love

Heidi

Welty said...

Thanks for your kind notes about Ryan. It means a lot.
Today I was reading through a mother's prayerbook, and I came across a prayer that you might find comforting today...

My Kylie, you are now in joy in the presence of God; and in your spotless innocence, which he loves, you can speak to him with a voice that he will heed.
You are still my little baby and will surely regard the prayers of your mother, who bore you. So with confidence, then, I speak to you. Intercede for me to obtain the favor that I here ask as a mother through her child who stands before the throne of God [here mention petition].
But, if what I ask is not according to the wisdom and loving designs of almighty God for me and others, then ask him to grant what is best according to his good pleasure and to give me the wisdom and faith to conform my will to his.
Amen.

May peace fill your heart today.