Friday, January 11, 2008

Get on the Bus!

Tonight Kenzee went to her "first rock concert" as they called it. Amy, Haylee, Kenzee and I went to Bloomington to go see the Doodlebops. I must admit, it wasn't near as bad as I thought. It was (relatively) cheap, it was short, it wasn't too crowded and wasn't all that agonizing. So here's a couple pics of her dancing (thanks to the complimentary batteries from the vendor guy) with Haylee. They aren't the greatest, it's hard to take pics when you are practically sitting on top of them.

And the shirt that I "had" to buy to thank the guy for the free batteries!

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Very cool! The Doodlebops are ok. I'm glad my boys never got super into them. They are a little freaky. I do like "Wobbly Woopsie" a little bit but that's it. I'm sure Kenzee loved it and she looks so cute in her t-shirt. Glad you could scrounge up some batteries for free.

Debbie said...

Very cute! I'm only 1/2 hour away from Bloomington and we have yet to go to anything like that, lol! Though they have a lot of stuff like that at the Peoria Civic Center which is closer to you, right? LOL.

Kelly said...

That was our first time at the USC coliseum, but it seemed to be cheaper than at the PCC. This was also our first time at anything like this so not sure how it compares?

Debbie said...

I have never been to a children's event at either place. I'm still to chicken to take my kids anywhere, lol!!! I have been to Stars on Ice at the Civic Center and it was nice.

They have the huge Barnes Circus at the United Center every year - i'm thinking of maybe taking them to that this year.

Kelly said...

The united center in chicago? That would be very brave!

Debbie said...

I know, right?!!? Maybe i'd have to just take Caige who is 4, lol. My sister is going to DisneyWorld and asked if I wanted to come along with the boys. I said no way would I pay to have that kind of stressful experience! I would be crazy by the end of a few days, lol!