Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thank you....

For the many of you that already know.. Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, messages, & especially the cookies. They have meant so much to Chad & I both. We are doing pretty well in my opinion. I know that next week and after will be much harder though. So I ask that you all keep us in your thoughts and prayers in the future.
And for those of you that have no idea what I am talking about... The appointment last week that I was so upset about couldn't have been any worse. I was told by Dr Egley that our baby has cystic hygroma and non immune hydrops. This means that 1- there are giant cysts growing from the back of the neck and 2- the body and organs are retaining fluids. The end result is the baby has no chance at survival outside of the womb and very little inside of the womb. He said I could either deliver immediately or wait as long as I needed. Well, I wasn't ready to go right then, I needed to sort things out and letting Chad know what was going on was probably necessary too. Chad & I talked about things over the weekend and Chad wanted to do it as soon as possible, I wanted to wait just a week. I needed to prepare without putting it off too long. We met with Dr Boyd Tuesday morning to have everything explained. We both felt so much better after this. We got so many questions answered. Dr Boyd agreed with waiting a week. So I go in Tuesday at 6 am to start inducing. He is hopeful that things will progress quickly, but nature will make that call.

3 comments:

Estel's said...

Kelly,

You have been and will be constantly in our thoughts and prayers!!! I pray for your strength and courage as you travel through this next step. Please know that precious baby will be a precious angel of God's.

Love you lots!!!!

Luke, Heidi & girls

Rich said...

Kelly and Chad,
God will provide you with guidance and comfort. I am holding your tighly in my prayers. Some little babies are simply "angels" at conception...and your baby and our little Estel Angel will always be a part of our family. Rest in God's mercy and know that we are wrapping you in lots of love, Marcy and Rich

mckenna said...

Kelly,
We are thinking of you and praying for you. You are in the thoughts and prayers of many, many people.

Stay strong, We love you.

Michael, Molly, and Caitlin.